Subject: [Leica] Conformity in Athens NOW BEING A SHOOTER!
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Thu Aug 19 13:00:34 2004

Ted

I don't know if your commentary was because of my statement about the
photog with his lens pointed at the roof, or not.  But I cannot believe
that his editor will not be banging that lens off his head for just sitting
there looking at the action with his camera and lens resting against his
shoulder during such an important event given the circumstances of the
night.  Even if he had been there for the entire day as you suggest,
watching him just stand there with the volatility of the action and the
results of who would get what medal hanging on what this particular athlete
does in the last event of the evening, seems a bit incredible, given he had
a straight shot of the action.  Now, I guess he could have been shooting
film and was out of film by that time of the evening, but even this seems a
bit ridiculous given the event and the participants.  I cannot imagine you
in that situation with your camera just sitting idly by given the
circumstances, I'm sure you would have more than enough film with you for
several days worth of shooting at all times.  I'm also sure the job is not
as glamorous as Hollywood depicts it, and it is a hard and dirty job most
of the time.

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>        |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           08/19/2004 11:09 AM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |

  |       To:       "'Leica Users Group'" <lug@leica-users.org>
              |
  |       cc:
              |
  |       Subject:  RE: [Leica] Conformity in Athens NOW BEING A SHOOTER!

Ted - This is, as usual, a priceless commentary. Tell it like it is!