Subject: [Leica] Another reason to hate Canon.
From: jem.kime at ntlworld.com (Jem Kime)
Date: Sat Aug 21 12:18:53 2004

Scott,

This already exists in video post production. The people who used to tweak
the colours on video programmes are called 'colourists' here in the UK. You
want the Kodachrome 64 look - you got it. You want 1950s washed out magenta
Agfacolour - you got it, you want early Fujichrome with bleached bluish
highlights  - etc, etc...
I'm sure its just a programme package away...

I wonder how long it will be before the firmware programme inherant in the
camera become part of the lens design though.
Even the latest Leica lens in the digital camera shows some distortion at
the widest focal length setting (My digilux 4.3 is attracious...). So why
not tweak it with a simple programme that is introduced to negate that ? I'm
sure its the sort of thing that Photoshop can do and if it can be done there
then why not inside the camera?

Jem