Subject: [Leica] Veteran
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Aug 21 13:32:01 2004

Okay...Bottom line - I've seen stuff of yours that I've really liked;
this isn't it. This is ultimately one of those photos that was a great
idea that didn't translate into a great image. It happens to all of us,
and it's often hard to determine when it has and hasn't happened,
because we all have so much invested in our own images. A former LUGer
and I routinely send images back and forth to each other with the
subject line - "Is this something?" Meaning, is it an image that's worth
keeping, something special. And nine times out of 10, the answer is -
not quite, that it somehow misses. Which may mean that if we have to

Keep shooting....