Subject: [Leica] PAW 34 dlridings
From: daniel.ridings at muspro.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sun Aug 22 05:34:03 2004

main : http://www.dlridings.com/paw2004/34.html
Flic en Flac, Mauritius

The week started on Mauritius and ended on a quiet note at home. On Monday
I had to check out of my hotel and wait until 7 pm for my ride to the
airport. I spent some time watching the beach:
The mountain in the background has a story. The Dutch stayed on Mauritius
during the 1600's. The island was uninhabited. During their stay they
brought some slaves, probably from Mozambique. After a few decades, they
decided to leave the island and marooned the slaves there. When the French
came, a few hid out on the top of the mountain. When the French police
finally started up to tell them they were free, they saw them coming and
got desparate. One of them jumped off before the French could get to the
top.
04v34-0001a.jpg
04v34-0002a.jpg
04v34-0004a.jpg
04v34-0006a.jpg
04v34-0003.jpg
The week ended at home. I took some portraits of my wife

http://www.rollei-gallery.net/ridings/image-71916.html

and tried to get one of my son,

http://www.rollei-gallery.net/ridings/image-71917.html

but I still haven't captured him the way I want to.

We drove down south about 13 miles (Swedish miles ... = 130 km) to visit a
friend. We thought we timed it wrong and got there about an hour early so
we went on into the next community to kill some time.
Sl?tt?kra
http://www.dlridings.com/paw2004/04v34-0015.jpg

Walked around the church:
http://www.dlridings.com/paw2004/04v34-0009.jpg
http://www.dlridings.com/paw2004/04v34-0013.jpg
http://www.dlridings.com/paw2004/04v34-0014.jpg

I have a morbid collection of rocks ... tombstones from graves that are no
longer cared for and get piled up along a back wall
http://www.dlridings.com/paw2004/04v34-0010.jpg
http://www.dlridings.com/paw2004/04v34-0011.jpg

And finally I got to do my baby picture too ... just like others on the
LUG:
http://www.dlridings.com/paw2004/04v34-0016.jpg
http://www.dlridings.com/paw2004/04v34-0017.jpg

B/W rectangles Leica M3 or Nikon F3 (50mm in both cases). B/W squares
Rolleiflex 3.5E, color, Nikon D100.

Best,
Daniel