Subject: [Leica] Question about old photo paper
From: jem.kime at ntlworld.com (Jem Kime)
Date: Mon Aug 23 01:55:16 2004

Reminds me of an early experience (mid '70s) in my Physics lab, the teacher
had given me permission to develop a roll of film at lunchtime. I'd done one
before with assistance and this was my first by myself. He told me to help
myself to the chemicals which were in there, I loked through the various
bottles and eventually decided on some Monobath, a combined developer and
fixer - it semed so simple...
After following the instructions to the letter I was deflated to find the
roll (which contained pictures of the Queen) was completely blank!
I mentioned this to the  master and having told him which developer I used
he replied, 'Oh that? Tht'a been there since I arrived at the school in
1959!' If only all materials and chemicals were as stable as D76.
I've got some WWII Royal Navy paper, sealed in waxed paper if anyone fancies
printing at sea!
regards,
Jem