Subject: [Leica] Jaywalker followup with rescan.
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Mon Aug 23 10:39:07 2004

After I posted my PAW last week, Ted and Nathan joined my lamentations that
I had cut off part of the shadow of the woman crossing the street.

It wasn't until later that I realized that I had been working with the
Costco scan and that I hadn't actually looked at the neg.  Yes,
indeed...there was more at the bottom on the neg.  I have now scanned and
replaced the image.  The shadow is still truncated, but at least now it's
clear it wasn't my framing so much as the curb of the sidewalk!

New version:  http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2004_34/index.html

Original version:
http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2004_34/images/main_costcocrop.jpg

Moral of the Story:  LATFN (aka Look At The @#*&ing Negative).

-Aaron

PS--Jesse and Nathan suggested cropping in from the left.  I see why they
suggest it, but I think that I actually prefer it with all the open space
of the crosswalk.  Still, I wouldn't have thought of doing it the way they
suggested, and I learned something from their feedback, so I'm grateful
they gave it.

Replies: Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Jaywalker followup with rescan.)