Subject: [Leica] Leni Riefenstahl
From: ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben)
Date: Mon Aug 23 14:16:57 2004

Hi Nathan

I am glad non of us hate Germans - half my family on my mothers side is from
Germany and my great great grandfather on my fathers side left N?rnberg in
1747 with nothing but his name and came to stay in Danmark. Kaj Munk was
stating an example and of cause not comparable with Riefenstahl but it is
worth a thought that so many prominent, cultural intelektuals was fascinated
by the nazis - just take Ole Wiviel the Director of the Largest Publsihing
house in Denmark for many years and Knud W Jensen the founder of Louisiana
museum of modern art in Danmark - both were very fascinated by the nazi
ideologies and none of them ever appologied - and none of them were ever
confronted with it while they lived! Anyway I respect you dislike for
Riefenstahl and should you ever pass Humleb?k and stop by the publihinghouse
for a single malt I will be sure not to flash my Riefenstahl books, but
gladly lend you a copy of my grandfathers anti nazi manifest "Forbrydelse og
Dumhed" :-) - ruben