Subject: [Leica] Re: WAS Riefenstahl NOW Newfoundland nationalism
From: lowiemanuel at yahoo.ca (Emanuel Lowi)
Date: Tue Aug 24 07:13:10 2004

I suspect that, given the chance, many Newfoundland
nationalists would jump at the opportunity to
eliminate the Quebecois and the rest of the Canadians,
employing the trenchant manual techniques of harp
sealing.

Quebec's theft of Labrador remains a sore point. Ditto
Canada's genocidal mismanagement of the cod.

But Newfounlanders, being the fine people that they
are, choose instead to neutralize their rivals with
kindness.

This is Canada, not Germany circa 1939.

And that's why we ignore Riefenstahl (the person and
her work) at our collective peril. And I bet Greg
Locke (another Leica-toting creator of nationalist
propaganda) agrees.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal

Replies: Reply from locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke) ([Leica] Re: WAS Riefenstahl NOW Newfoundland nationalism)