Subject: [Leica] Re Riefenstahl
From: lowiemanuel at yahoo.ca (Emanuel Lowi)
Date: Tue Aug 24 19:51:59 2004

I realize I'm flogging a dead horse here but...

Riefenstahl's "Olympiad"  was not made for the Nazis.

The film was commissioned and paid for by the
International Olympic Committee (IOC). It was, in
fact, the official IOC documentary of the 1936 games.

The IOC still stands behind the film today.

The film is about sport. One has to be mighty
imaginative to discern political content in it.
Hitler appears briefly in the film, but the film is
not a glorification of Naziism.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal

Replies: Reply from mipaine at comcast.net (G. Michael Paine) ([Leica] Re Riefenstahl)