Subject: [Leica] Re: 50/1.4 ASPH teething problems?
From: lowiemanuel at yahoo.ca (Emanuel Lowi)
Date: Wed Aug 25 11:07:42 2004

I am sorry to read of  the problems John Collier has
had with his new 50/1.4 ASPH.

John, you were a gutsy man to break away so far ahead
of the peleton on this new product. I wish your
bravery had been rewarded with a yellow jersey, not a
black eye...

I inspected one of the first batch 501/.4 ASPH lenses
here in a shop last month. I detected absolutely no
mechanical imperfection.

In fact, this lens is a honey. Damn that price,
though. Damn damn damn. This lens will steal your
heart away, unless you've already sold the old cardiac
ticker to some burping bleeping digitalese.

So now we have a sample size of two. Score is tied
1-1.

Who else has handled a new 50/1.4 ASPH and can report
on it?

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal

Replies: Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] Re: 50/1.4 ASPH teething problems?)