Subject: [Leica] Ilford chapter 11?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Aug 25 11:41:32 2004

On 8/25/04 10:07 AM, "FRANK DERNIE" <frank.dernie@btinternet.com> typed:

> I wonder whether 120 or 35mm film will be the more
> popular in the future. I would expect 35mm to be less
> interesting because it is so easily comparable in size
> weight and  quality to digital. It would not surprise
> me if mf film continues to have a stronger following
> than 35mm in the long term.
> I almost never use 35mm now that digital is so good. I
> still use MF if I want high quality and scan the
> negatives.
> Frank
> --- Dan Post <dpost@triad.rr.com> wrote:

I think we need to wait just a little longer for the shoe to drop on the
medium format digital thing.
They are either going to break that 20 thou price point and get into the 2-5
thou price point of a the non Rolls Royce crowd or shrivel.
I predict, having confidence in technology which usually is rewarded, that
they'll figure the affordable medium format digital thing out.
Existing medium format cameras wont be thrown into the bins with the
Instamatics.

The Blads and the Brownies....

Mark Rabiner
Photography