Subject: QC / 50 'lux (was: RE: RE: RE: RE: [Leica] Re: Riefenstahl'sfilmedOlympics)
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 08:52:03 2004

B. D.

The only problem he listed, that I can recall or find is that of a stiff
focusing ring.  Other than that he seemed quite happy with the lens.  This
minor problem is far from an indication that Leica's QC is falling into the
dumpster.  I'd say this is the normal teething problems that you see from
any company when they bring out a new product.  Yes, they should not
happened, but they do.  I remember an incident with my company 32 years
ago, we received a discriminator back from a customer who complained the
item had failed after only 40 hours of operation.  We took the part apart,
and found absolutely ZERO components inside!  This was a solder sealed
unit, which had gone through 20 inspections before and after assembly, 2
tuning operations and 3 test cycles, the last being witnessed by a customer
rep, prior to being shipped to the customer.  Who, by the way said it had
worked for 40 hours.  Figure that one out.

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>        |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           08/26/2004 10:30 AM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       "'Leica Users Group'" <lug@leica-users.org>
              |
  |       cc:
              |
  |       Subject:  RE: QC / 50 'lux (was: RE: RE: RE: RE: [Leica] Re:
              |
  |        Riefenstahl'sfilmedOlympics)

With, Doug - Look for John Collier's description of problems with his
new 50 Summilux, though I would add that he seems quite accepting of
them, stating that these problems are to be expected with newly
introduced gear.

B. D.