Subject: QC / 50 'lux (was: RE: RE: RE: RE: [Leica] Re: Riefenstahl'sfilmed Olympics)
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 08:56:58 2004

Yes, but remember, this 'Update' is a completely new lens, not just a few
components having been changed.  And errors do happen even with companies
having flawless reputations.

Gene

To each his own, Gene. My opinion is that Leica has been renowned for
the incredible mechanical quality of its lenses, a quality far and above
that of any other modern manufacturer. I find it troubling that when
bringing out a two-thousand, five-hundred dollar update of a 50 mm
'standard' lens - a standard lens costing at least four to five times
what other manufacturers charge for their version of the standard lens -
they would have any mechanical problems. But that's simply my opinion