Subject: [Leica] OT: want to machine a part for your camera?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Aug 27 20:29:51 2004

On 8/27/04 6:48 PM, "Dan C" <bladman99@yahoo.ca> typed:

> Check out
>
> http://www.emachineshop.com/

Except all it does is WINDOWS.

And it takes a while to figure that out.

I hate that when it's not said up front like
"of course we know that like a real human you are using WINDOWS So we'll not
even bother to say it requires that until you've practically got the
software downloaded. If then".

They you get ax .ex thing on your computer which as far as I am concerned is
a virus.

I hate it when I get all excited.

I know a dozen people in Portland photographers, designers, musicians.
Not one does Windows. That Windows people I know here I'm sorry to have to
think seem to be more along the lines of numbers people. EOS people. Honda
Scooter people.

I guess I don't know any machinists though.
So I guess this will be like PAGEMAKER and ILLUSTRATOR making for a lot less
work for trained graphic artists and a lot more bad graphic design.

And then PHOTOSHOP which has made for a lot less work for professional
photographers and a whole lot of bad photography.

Now its for the machines. As in mechanical machines. The honorable ones. Not
the semi Godless electronics and or computers.
But pretty soon they'll have those too.
Design your own circuit boards and CPU's. When your computer crashes you'll
know you're on the wrong track.

Do they have them for optical design?
Deign your own Aspheric APO M's with real time feedback?
"WOW better duck Look at that whirling Bokeh!"

I'm waiting for "design your own Mozart symphonies".

"No!! Mozart would never go to F sharp there he'd got to B minor dummy"
(software input)

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon