Subject: [Leica] OT! photo thinks he LOST 2000 of my vaca photos!!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Aug 28 01:10:54 2004

>snippet<
>
> shows that there is a large amount of data there and spot-checking
> indicates my photos are unmolested.
>

> I do notice that ${HOME}/Pictures/iPhoto Library
> files like AlbumData.xml and such are much smaller than usual:
>
> -rw-r--r--   1 mjshino  wheel    4481 Aug 27 11:02 AlbumData.xml
> drwxr-xr-x  20 mjshino  staff     680 Aug 27 11:05 Albums
> -rw-r--r--   1 mjshino  staff    5406 Aug 27 11:02 Dir.data
> -rw-r--r--   1 mjshino  staff  772988 Dec 26  2002 Library.cache
> -rw-r--r--   1 mjshino  staff   11259 Aug 27 11:02 Library.data
>
> does anyone know how to force iPhoto to recognize the files already
> in its heirarchy or to "repair" its state?
>
> the iPhoto in question was 2.0.1, though in desparation (AFTER all the
> files appeared missing), i uninstalled it and downloaded iPhoto 2.0.0
> from apple.
>
> the only known sin i may have committed is allowing the ibook to run low
> on disk space (a measly 20GB drive). about 500MB free.
>
> thanks for any advice!!
>
> -rei
>
> p.s. now i am in dutch with the wife, "spending all my time on the
>      damned computer even in a tropical resort."
>
>      i nod toward my MP0.85 and M6 classic and mutter that they sit
> silently
>      in their bag at the end of the day, stoic and ready for work.

If you're on OS X I bet you have to have your "permissions" fixed.
That seems to be the root cause of OS X crises from what I've just learned.
Its Greek to me I had to get a consultant to work wizardry right in front of
my eyes.
I had no clue what he was up to and I've got the downloaded shareware to do
it some more.
Still cant get this "Entourage" to print calendars, but a slew of other of a
sudden burgeoning issues magically disappeared.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/