Subject: [Leica] Re: Canon digital equivalent to R7 and 100mm APO?
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sat Aug 28 15:31:09 2004

Eric:

>What lenses come close to leica performace?
>
>Or is this all blasphemy?

I have both the Canon EF 50/1.4 & 85/1.8.

Which come close to Leica?  Depends on your work flow.  I scan my negatives
and then work with the digital files for output.  Perhaps if I used a drum
scanner, I could see more difference, but at a mere 4000 dpi, the scanner
can't capture all the resolution that either my Canon or Leica lenses can.
In my workflow, my scanner is the great equalizer.

That said, at the end of day looking back, when I select the favorite images
from my body of work, the Leica ones are usually the front runners.  Has
nothing to do with performance of the lens.  Probably more the mindset I'm
in when using my Leica.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Re: Canon digital equivalent to R7 and 100mm APO?)
Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] Re: Canon digital equivalent to R7 and 100mm APO?)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re: Canon digital equivalent to R7 and 100mm APO?)