Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Focomat V35
From: dpost at triad.rr.com (Dan Post)
Date: Tue Aug 31 08:54:08 2004

BINGO-
I had a couple of the V-35s, and the one I finally kept, I sent the lens to
Sherry for a CLA- even the newest is going to be nearly 20 years old, and a
thourough cleaning (and collimation which she can do-) will vastly improve
the lens- I had one that I would call 'minty'- and the difference the CLA
made was readily apparent even to the naked eye when I got it back!
For looking into a lens- I use one of these little laser pointers- looking
obliquely at the lens as the light shines through it will show up even the
smallest bit of dust- and shining it into a lens, and looking along the axis
of the laser you will see the reflections off of every little microscopic
bit of dust! Very revealing, and sobering since even a new Leica lens will
show a frightening amount of dust reflections! :o)
I have since sold it to get a Saunders 4X5 since I sometimes lapse into a
large or medium format mode!
Dan