Subject: [Leica] Lenses without digital Bodies, Anyone?
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Tue Aug 31 10:20:02 2004

Nikon better do something bold because those of us who are

sitting on a large inventory of Nikon lenses will not wait much longer

for Nikon to produce a digital back for our film cameras or a decent

full-frame digital camera that accepts our old lenses. I thought the

Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n would be the answer but it had too many problems

to be a "decent" camera. --Bob Fately (from a Nikon List)
-----------
Bob seems unhappy with the Kodak DCS and escoriates Nikon for not producing
digital backs for existing pro 35mm film cameras. Leica has one, I believe
the
latest R8. He seems concerned about his lens armory. They can be used with
Nikons like the D70, for example. Is he crying in his beer?

However, we who own M lenses will have no such problem, because I assume the
digital M body will accept my good old f1.5 50mm Summarit without any
qualification.

Bob, spurned by both fate and destiny, Rosen

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Lenses without digital Bodies, Anyone?)
Reply from masonster at gmail.com (David Mason) ([Leica] Lenses without digital Bodies, Anyone?)
Reply from locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke) ([Leica] Lenses without digital Bodies, Anyone?)
Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] Lenses without digital Bodies, Anyone?)