Subject: [Leica] Lenses without digital Bodies, Anyone?
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Aug 31 12:03:44 2004

Damn! That raises a really interesting question concerning nostalgia v.
reality. I remember the classic Nikon 105 2.5 as an absolute killer of a
portrait lens, a lens so outstanding I have been tempted over the years
to buy one of the old silver barrel ones. Does anyone know what tests of
the lens might suggest? Is it as good as I remember it - or was it just
outstanding in its day, which happened to be my late teens and 20s, a
period in which pretty much everything was outstanding. :-)

B. D.