Subject: [Leica] Features to look for in an M3
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Tue Aug 31 20:10:30 2004

>If I wanted to buy an M3 to SHOOT WITH as opposed to put in a case
>with spotlights etc etc, what features changed over the course of the
>camera's production that make one version a better camera than
>another?

M3 finders are starting to deteriorate with age (balsam separation),
so one with a good finder is a must. That's the most important thing.

Singlestroke is faster than double-stroke and you can always
double-stroke a single, but can't single-stroke a double.

I never use the self-timer.

The preview-lever is very handy although I find I don't use it as
much as I thought I would.

Crank rewind (accessories) are nice but optional.

Having it converted to a RapidLoad does help a bit.

Karen
--
Karen Nakamura

Replies: Reply from wlarsen at ocsnet.net (Will) ([Leica] Features to look for in an M3)