Subject: [Leica] Let's Hold the Future at Bay a Tad Longer
From: lea at whinydogpress.com (lea)
Date: Wed Sep 1 15:41:55 2004

Buzz,

I find my local shops (in Kansas City) to be higher in darn near every
instance than mail order...perhaps because the competition just isn't
here like it is in your area. Bummer for us. I do buy large dollar items
locally (2 10Ds for example) because if there's a problem I want
face-to-face help. My local shops have cut way, way back on the supplies
they carry in-house and that's a drag for people like me who get a bee
in the bonnet and want to buy RIGHT NOW. Hearing, "I can order that and
have it here in 7 working days" takes some of the fun out of buying.
Also, I tend to buy things to try them out (new papers, gadgets, etc...)
and when a shop doesn't carry stock it makes that impossible.

I do find that I buy less when I buy mail order.

Lea