Subject: [Leica] Let's Hold the Future at Bay a Tad Longer
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (Buzz Hausner)
Date: Wed Sep 1 15:29:40 2004

I find that my local shops charge the exact same amount as the mail
order and on-line guys...even for Leica gear...with the exceptions that
I do pay 5% sales tax but do not pay shipping.  For my 5% premium, I get
to make every transaction face to face with someone I know and trust,
who will spend ample time answering all of my questions, and whom I know
will work hard for my business.  On the rare occasions when I have had a
problem with a major purchase (the loose head that plagued spherical 21
Elmarits), my guy took the items back, no questions asked, and replaced
them the same day with a smile and a handshake.

I do not shop mail-order but, again, I am fortunate to live someplace
with an abundance of trusty resources.  It will be a sad day, indeed,
when those local dealers are gone.

        Buzz