Subject: [Leica] WTB: Large Format Lens
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Thu Sep 2 12:06:06 2004

Frank:

I use a convertible Protar 300mm and 590mm on my 11x14.  It's a great
lens and is less expensive than those that you mention.

Here is a photo taken with it with one cell, as a 590mm:
http://www.hemenway.com/CharlesRiverProtar590.jpg

I don't have any scans yet of photos made with both cells as a 300mm.

Here's one made with a Ronar process lens. The process lenses are
generally tooo soft in the corners as you can see in this photo:
http://www.hemenway.com/11x14/images/SwampMaple-Ronar420mm.jpg

The softness inn't there when used a macro lenses at 1:1.

Jim