Subject: [Leica] Focusing problem!
Date: Thu Sep 2 13:47:15 2004

John Black wrote:

>>You are probably right, but isn't it strange that all lenses exhibit
>>this problem, but it still seems ok at infinity.
>

> M cameras have seperate RF adjustments for near, intermediate and far
> (infinity) focus tracking.  It is entirely possible to be aligned at
> infinity but need adjustment on the near focusing mechanism.

Really. I had no idea! That could explain things.
Thanks for letting me know!

>>By the way, do I dare to put some oil on the range finder coupling arm
>
> myself?
>

> NO!

Ops.

>  >Or would that be just stupid.
>

> Yes. Send it to DAG or Sherry for a normal CLA and it will be fine for many
> years.
>

> JB

Time to find a camera repair shop here in Sweden then.

Replies: Reply from daniel.ridings at muspro.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Focusing problem!)
Reply from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] Focusing problem!)
Message from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] Focusing problem!)