Subject: [Leica] Focusing problem!
From: daniel.ridings at muspro.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Thu Sep 2 19:48:58 2004

> Time to find a camera repair shop here in Sweden then.

You might start with:

http://www.lpfoto.se/swe/butiken/reparationer.asp

Somewhere in Stockholm there is a man who used to be Leica's official
repairman. He's not anymore, but that's because Leica pulled out the plug
in Sweden. They're not here anymore. Check out the yellow pages and call
around. There's not that many. I think his name was Bj?rn Something.

If I were you I'd send it to Solms. BUT ... be careful. Don't let them do
more than you want them to do. In my case they pulled out a perfectly good
rangefinder from an M3 and replaced it with a really crappy (modern) one.

Another thing to watch with Solms is not their fault. The postal services
don't really get along with each other any more so the service from
Germany doesn't appear to use the normal channels for packages and it
doesn't get delivered by the Swedish postal service. In my case they just
placed it on the porch by the front door. Depending on your neighborhood,
that could make you nervous.

Solms' turnaround is very fast in my experience and except for the
misunderstanding about the rangefinder, they're really good.

Daniel

Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Leica Seminar October 2004)
Message from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] Focusing problem!)
Message from jblack at ambio.net (John Black) ([Leica] Focusing problem!)