Subject: [Leica] tungsten diffusion
From: SonC at aol.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:15 2004

Spun fiberglass is the best, but you still need the proper frames for it
too, or it will brown with the heat and change your color temp as it
bursts into flames just before melting.  I am speaking of tungsten in
quartz halogen form.

If you want to do some work at lower light levels, I'd recommend using
GE Reveal lamps.  They come quite close to daylight, and come in all
sorts of globes and wattages, and can use plain household fixtures.
Combine those with some GE "kitchen and bath" flourescents, and you can
light vast areas cheaply, and use daylight negative film.  I have never
used transparency film in this situation, but it might work.

Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com