Subject: [Leica] Hasselblad XPan II Scanning Question
From: mlpowell at sbcglobal.net (Matthew Powell)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:24 2004

On Mar 19, 2004, at 7:34 PM, Jeffery Smith wrote:
> I'd like to know if ANY 35mm scanner will take pano negatives. Using
> the
> Epson 2450 for 35mm is not fun at all.

The HP S20 film scanner is a popular/cheap choice, from what I
understand. But it's SCSI-only and not supported at all under OS X. The
Coolscan V has a comes with a film-strip feeder for negatives, so
there's no need to cut up a film holder. But I don't know how the
software would work with long negatives.

(If anyone with a junk X-pan negative wants a first-hand report on how
it works with the Coolscan, e-mail me.)

Replies: Reply from woc2 at earthlink.net (Bill) ([Leica] Hasselblad XPan II Scanning Question)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Hasselblad XPan II Scanning Question)