Subject: [Leica] Hasselblad XPan II Scanning Question
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:24 2004

On 3/19/04 6:11 PM, "Matthew Powell" <mlpowell@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On Mar 19, 2004, at 7:34 PM, Jeffery Smith wrote:
>> I'd like to know if ANY 35mm scanner will take pano negatives. Using
>> the
>> Epson 2450 for 35mm is not fun at all.
>
> The HP S20 film scanner is a popular/cheap choice, from what I
> understand. But it's SCSI-only and not supported at all under OS X. The
> Coolscan V has a comes with a film-strip feeder for negatives, so
> there's no need to cut up a film holder. But I don't know how the
> software would work with long negatives.
>
> (If anyone with a junk X-pan negative wants a first-hand report on how
> it works with the Coolscan, e-mail me.)
>
>> Jeffery Smith
>> New Orleans, LA

If you recall Hasselblad markets the XPan as the medium format camera which
takes 35mm film. The image circle being the issue. And while the Hasselblad
square format took the most efficient advantage of the circle the XPan would
not. A thin middle slide of the big pie. We hope it is well baffled. But has
an answer soon.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon