Subject: [Leica] Lab vs. home processing.
From: rgacpa at pacbell.net (Bob Adler)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:29 2004

Fili,
Are you printing in a darkroom or are you scanning and
printing? The reason I ask is that I've found that a
staining developer provides greater detail for
scanning and has a lot of temperature lattitude (very
forgiving in my uncontrolled kitchen environment!). I
use Barry Thornton's formula (diXactol Ultra)with TriX
and Ilford and am very pleased; hopefully his products
will be back online soon.
http://www.barry-thornton.co.uk/
Bob