Subject: [Leica] Damn that....
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (bdcolen@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:30 2004

Adam kindly wrote...
>http://www.leica-gallery.net/bdcolen/image-43033.html

I really really really like this image but I don't know why. It just is
immediately compelling for me.

Sometimes it's not what we see.
------

Or sometimes its what we always see, yet don't see because we always see it.
And that's precisely what I try to convey in the Day In Our Life stuff. As
an outsider observing other people's mundane lives I find I tend to see
those little moments that make up all our lives, moments that don't register
precisely because we see them so often. Anyone who has kids has seen that
scene in that or a very similar form...and it stirs up all sorts of memories
of parenting, and probably of our own childhoods....

Okay, okay, enough psychobable.....:-)

B. D.