Subject: [Leica] [Leica}"Digging" now available
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:40:00 2004

Michael,

Congratulations on your baby !
I will certainly check the book out.
Any chance you will offer fine art prints
from the project ?

LUGgers,
I have, along with other Boston LUGgers,
had the opportunity throughout the past few years
to see some of Michael's images from the project,
and they are drop-dead gorgeous as the saying goes.
And those were only working prints.  Together,
they make the best photo documentary by far
of this, the biggest construction project (and
racket :-)  ever.   Believe me, there are plenty
of Big Dig photo books in the Boston
bookstores and I have seen quite a few of them
I can only hope the quality of the book comes close
to that of the photos.  (My father was a civil engineer;
at one point he was very tempted to come to Boston
and work on the project, but in the end, decided the relocation
from Pennsylvania would be too disruptive,
for someone near retirement.  Hence my personal
interest in the project).

And Michael, I am absolutely, positively sure that you
have many war stories to share.    For one thing,  I wonder
if you could get away with as much, in these post-9/11,
security-conscious times.

Again, congratulations.

- Phong