Subject: [Leica] [Leica}"Digging" now available - BUY THIS BOOK!
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:40:00 2004

B.D wrote:
> It is an absolute stunner; one of the best photo books I have ever seen.
> While it does document the work of the men who dug the Big Dig, calling
> what Michael has produced a "documentary photography" project doesn't
> begin to do it justice. The photographs that make up digging are truly
> works of art. In fact, the interplay of shapes, forms, shadows and
> light; the mastery of composition; the ironic juxtaposition of objects,
> reminds me of nothing so much as the work of HCB.

I absolutely agree.  Very well said, B.D.

For a taste of Michael's work, see:
http://www.hintlian.com/bigdig.html,
with the caveat that the images on the screen don't
do the prints much  justice.

- Phong

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] [Leica}"Digging" now available - BUY THIS BOOK!)