Subject: [Leica] Olympic photo positions.
From: joecodi at clearsightusa.com (J. Codispoti)
Date: Mon Sep 6 12:31:05 2004

Didier,

In the 70s Nikon was indeed the best. Now I am
waiting for Canon's 20d for my new digital system.
Frank Bez, a well known photographer in my area,
was dissatisfied with the results from Nikon
digital.
He borrowed a Canon from another well known
photographer (George Lapp) and immediately
switched to Canon.

When the two brands switched to auto-focus lenses,
Canon decided to abandon its previous FD lens
mount in favor of a larger one to accommodate all
the features of the new system. Nikon decided to
adapt the new lenses to the old mount. That was a
mistake that cost them dearly for they could not
match the speed and convenience afforded by the
EOS mount . While there was dissatisfaction on the
part of users for having to abandon the FD lenses,
soon all was forgotten and Canon surpassed Nikon
in sales.

Also to consider is the fact that Nikon is a small
company compared to the giant that is Canon.

Joe

Replies: Reply from rclark01 at comcast.net (Robert Clark) ([Leica] Olympic photo positions.)