Subject: [Leica] Re: AOL & plain text
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Mon Sep 6 12:38:53 2004

It is common for Outlook (and somewhat less common for Outlook Express) to
bundle up attachments in a way that they cannot be decoded by any
non-Microsoft program. It is possible for an expert sysadmin to change the
Outlook configuration so that it doesn't do this any more.

MIME is the name of the format by which non-text things are placed in email
messages. All attachments are sent in MIME.

If you'll send one to BrianKReid@aol.com, I'll take a look at it. I check
that mailbox only on special occasions, so let me know when you've done this.

I'm answering to the entire LUG and not just to you because this is a fairly
common question.