Subject: [Leica] Digging
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon Sep 6 14:24:01 2004

It IS as good as Salgado's workers - but it is a very different kind of
book. While Salgado's images are photographically rich and beautiful,
they are ultimately about the subjects of those photos, which is very
much what the documentary tradition is all about. The images in
"Digging" are - at least to my eye - ultimately about the images, which
happen to include workers. I believe that in terms of the art of
photography, "Digging" is a more significant book than "Workers."

B. D.