Subject: [Leica] How digital noise is different from film grain (mybestdescription)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Sep 7 14:30:20 2004

B. D. Colen said:
Subject: RE: [Leica] How digital noise is different from film grain
(mybestdescription)

> Absolutely - And that then requires either using one of the
> noise-removal programs, which can to quite a good job, or burning in
> those shadow areas. But either way, it's quite different from dealing
> with grain in a film image.<<

OK B. D., I'll look at these prints again and in the black areas instead of
the over all look of the print.

Now I just did that and I'm sorry guys the blacks are black and no little
lightness, flare whatever showing any where. OK I'll get this image back on
the screen and see what that looks like.

OK so at 200% there isn't any noise, trust me it's just black, well Ok it
probably could do with a little shot of contrast. But nothing appears to be
breaking down with any kind of lightening effect happening in the blacks.

And at 600 I'm now into the pixels and it doesn't matter because they all
look like little squares of varying shades of grey and black.

So either this camera has some magic in it or it has some kind of
"software?" doing something that nobody has been told about.
ted