Subject: [Leica] I R.I.P. ILFORD now Delta3200
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Sep 7 23:35:05 2004

On 9/7/04 6:58 PM, "Max Weisenfeld" <max_weisenfeld@verizon.net> typed:

> http://www.npr.org/features/feature.php?wfId=3890197
>
> " you are going to use a twinkie flash "

I remember the day in about 1959 I was about 8 when I took a bite out of a
Twinkie after school and spit it right out. That was the day it went from
being a dairy product to a non diary product. Went from being Manna from
heaven to cow dung over night. I was surprised there was not a kid
rebellion.

The only thing worse was when Walt Disney announced that after a year gone
ZORRO was coming back. And then it didn't.
Turned out he made too much money off the trading cards (with gum) and was
having too much fun on his horse ranch in Argentina to go back to Burbank.
"the horseman known as Zorro".
Walts name was Mud as far as I've gone ever since.
Although I think multi planar Panavision was a darned good thing.
The animation at his outfit which came later after he died I think was or is
ridiculous overblown and insipid. Sorry folks I don't think Lion King rules
but quite the opposite. Even Toy Story gives me the creeps. That I think was
not really a Disney flick but bought after it was made.
As was "Cinderella" (1997) with Brandy Norwood, Whitney Houston, Bernadette
Peters, Whoopi Goldberg.
Book by Oscar Hammerstein II!

Mark Rabiner
Photography