Subject: [Leica] From Editor and Publisher: Reporters hasseled at RNC
From: MCyclWritr at aol.com (MCyclWritr@aol.com)
Date: Thu Sep 9 08:56:59 2004

Racial profiler gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca writes:

>>I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that perhaps he didn't look like
your average RNC attendee.

Regards,

Greg<<

I watched what little of the RNC convention the major networks dared
broadcast between "Fear Factor" and other incisive, must-see programming. I
noted the
broad mix of races in the audience, not just a few brown faces strategically
positioned behind the lecturn, the manipulative political art direction scam
made popular during the Clinton administration.

Conversely, the people I saw protesting appeared to be overpriviledged,
disenchanted white suburban offspooge trying to be important to somebody. Or
at
least get laid.

I know the territory. I WAS the territory in the late 1960s. I remember Paul
Krassner (sp?), of "The Realist" stoking the fires of discontent in whitest
Lawrence, Kansas, at the University of Kansas the winter before the 1968
Democrat convention in Chicago. Back when I was trying be somebody. Or at
least get
laid.

"Don't confuse this with 'if you come to San Francisco be sure to wear some
flowers in your hair.' Our theme is 'if you come to Chicago, be sure to wear
helmet on your head.'"

I summered in California that year. Where I remained a nobody. But the other
part worked out okay.

-Chris Lawson

Replies: Reply from jon.stanton at comcast.net (Jon) ([Leica] From Editor and Publisher: Reporters hasseled at RNC)