Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 37: Schiphol and Almere
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun Sep 12 19:09:09 2004

At 07:12 AM 9/12/04 -0700, Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@planet.nl> wrote:

>This week I am trying to be Geebee...

(uh-oh, cue the fighter jets and the Canada geese. . .)   :-)

>Then we shift gear...last Sunday morning I took a drive around my
>neighbourhood and came across this field with bales of hay:
>http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_37alt2.jpg

I particularly like this one.  It looks like the bales are rolling right at
you.  "When Hay Bales Attack!": coming soon on the Nature Channel!

>http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_37alt3.jpg
>I converted these two pictures to B&W using the method suggested by B.D.
>I am quite pleased with these, they are certainly better than my
>previous efforts in this area.

I use a similar method in Picture Window Pro.  Transformation, Color,
Monochrome.  Use about 60% green, 30% red and 10% blue for starters, then
season to taste. . .  PWP makes it easy to play with the color of your
"filter" and see the results immediately.  I still prefer the look of real
B&W film, and the effects of real color filters (particularly orange and
red).are more dramatic on film.  But the PS channel mixer or PWP's
simulated color filter method works nicely.

--Peter Klein
Seattle, WA