Subject: [Leica] experiment ending early
From: eperea at walkereng.com (Emilio Perea)
Date: Mon Sep 13 01:17:48 2004

On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 09:35:42PM -0700, Brian Reid wrote:
> I've ended the experiment of having LUG replies directed back to the
> individual poster instead of to the entire list. Not working.

Since I made the original suggestion, I regret to agree.  As you said
earlier, the list had turned into background noise...

I still think that is the way it should be done in theory (e.g. see
http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html).  But in practice, most
people don't use a mail client which makes it simple to reply to the
list address.  And it's hard to change people's habits.

You have to admit that it did stop those threads, though!  (Or did they
just move to the RUG? :-)

In any case, I really appreciate your trying the experiment.

Emilio

Replies: Reply from locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke) ([Leica] Any Caribbean luggers?)