Subject: [Leica] Was Tri-X on the cheap, now ILFORD
From: kitmc at vuelux.com (Kit McChesney | Vuelux)
Date: Wed Sep 15 13:13:18 2004

PMA's newsletter (September 8) says the following (just received it
yesterday):

"Ilford to split UK and Swiss businesses

Ilford Imaging, Knutsford, Cheshire, UK, weighed down by more than ?40
million of debt, asked accountancy firm Grant Thornton to oversee its sale.
The group will likely separate its two businesses: the UK black-and-white
films and photographic paper division, and the Swiss inkjet printing
business. Ilford Imaging USA, Inc., is continuing business as usual,
President Ward Phillips said. 'We are taking every action and precaution to
maintain ongoing operations with our customers. At the same time, behind the
scenes, we will be working withour related companies in the Ilford group to
improve its performance.' Communcations manager Wendy Erickson siad the U.S.
firm is solvent, and plans to go forward with its photokina exhibit, and its
booth in PMA 2005. Ilford USA feels confident of its Swiss supply, and
makets some items from outside sources. Photo paper and related supplies are
probably dependent on the UK parent company [sic] finding a buyer, Erickson
said."

Kit