Subject: [Leica] LEICA MP VIEWFINDER & Other points of vue
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Wed Sep 15 18:42:55 2004

>I'm looking to buy another Leica M Body, I've read that MP viewfinder is
>much better than traditional M6 ones, more brilliant, and it has totally
>eliminated the occasional flare on the focusing. MP has other improvements
>too, but I don't know if this pay or justify the price difference, I would
>like receive your opinions.

The newer M7s have this as well. My first M7 (285xxx) had the old
finder, which did flare. My next M7 (288xxx) is brilliantly clear and
has never exhibited flare. I daresay that it's even better than my M3
finder, but I'm ready to get pelted with rotten vegetables now.

Karen

p.s. Part of that is because the M3 finder has a blue tinge, which is
supposed to improve focusing accuracy with the gold tinged focusing
area. But it has the effect of lowering brightness a tad.

--
Karen Nakamura