Subject: [Leica] Re: Cumbria
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Sep 16 19:54:59 2004

Simon said:
> Ted, I dug out the original uncropped version, and you won't believe what
I found ;-)
> > http://sno.webspace.fish.co.uk/images/lake_canoe.jpg
>
> (With a little help from Sonny!)<<<<<<<<

Yeah right! And I can imagine who the scoundrel was who put you up to that
bit of PHOTOSHOPPING! ;-)

However, it does make an improvement. ;-)  Nothing like a little life in a
scene, particularly in a red canoe! ;-)

> I've also desaturated (ooh that's an ugly word) the woods one:
>
> http://sno.webspace.fish.co.uk/images/woods_bw.jpg
>
> I'm not sure about this - perhaps it would have been better converted to
B&W using
> the red or green channels rather than desaturation?<<<<<

You see on the one hand I don't care how you did it, as I just see a damn
fine B&W photograph! Well done, as it's not too often one captures a
detailed and interesting B&W forest fine art photograph as you have here.

Sometimes I think it's best to bite one's tongue and just offer up the photo
for praise or flak. In this case it's praise mon ami. :-)

ted