Subject: [Leica] day-for-night photography
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Thu Sep 16 20:32:56 2004

I'll bet they used a monochromatic DFN filter in many scenes from one of my
guilty pleasures:  the original Perry Mason TV series.  No not the specials
from the 1980s where Raymond Burr was fat and had a beard.  I'm talking
about the episodes from 1950s and early 1960s that were shot on B&W film.

Every other episode had this stock scene where Burr would be summoned to a
client's aid late at night, only to discover a dead body.  It would look
almost like night, but not quite right if you paid close attention.  And
then he would pick up a phone with a handkerchief, and say, "Della, listen
very carefully.  I want you to wait 15 minutes, then call Lt. Tragg.  Tell
him to meet me up at the old Collins place..."

--Peter

Replies: Reply from kitmc at vuelux.com (Kit McChesney | Vuelux) ([Leica] day-for-night photography)