Subject: [Leica] contax guessing game...
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Fri Sep 17 07:13:32 2004

B. D. Colen wrote:
> I, too, had the G1 and dumped it - returning to Leica M after a hiatus
> of about 8 years - for two reasons:
> The autofocus sucked; and I wanted something that aproximated manual
> focus in addition to the autofocus. The autofocusing on the G2 appears
> to be much better than that of the G1, and presumably a third generation
> camera would be even better.

All that, and absence of fast lenses
did the G in for me.   I could live with the slow autofocus
though; not ideal, but I can lock the focus.
The G lenses are just superb.  Bob Shell on another list
mentioned that the G lenses will be made for the Leica M.
That would be really fantastic (I like them because they are
light; same reason I really like the VC lenses).

- Phong

Replies: Reply from jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] contax guessing game...)