Subject: [Leica] OT, and I mean TOTALLY OT - Naxos Radio
From: jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Fri Sep 17 07:58:21 2004

While holed up waiting for the storm to pulverize me, I stumbled onto the
Naxos Radio Station. If you are a classical music aficionado, you know that
Naxos is a record company that makes very fine recordings using lesser
known orchestras for a bargain price. They also produce a premium label
(Marco Polo). If you have a decent Internet connection, you can subscribe
to www.naxosradio.com for a mere $10 a year (that's less than 3 cents a
day). What you get is 60 channels of music ranging from Gregorian chants to
modern music and just about everything in between.

Of course, if you like the recording (the screen displays the album cover)
you can go and buy the CD for about $6. While it is true that there IS a
finite amount of music sold by Naxos' company, you'd be hard pressed to
listen to their entire collection of offerings.

I'm listening to a fine recording of Borodin and just finished some
Scarlatti.

Jeffery

Replies: Reply from jon.stanton at comcast.net (Jon) ([Leica] OT, and I mean TOTALLY OT - Naxos Radio)
Reply from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] Top Twelve Gallery)