Subject: [Leica] Nepal: gear
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Fri Sep 17 09:42:57 2004

> If
> you
> are feeling quite sick from altitude sickness the only thing to do is
> walk to lower elevations and take more time to acclimatise.

And, begin drinking as much water, now, as you can get down, and
continue drinking lots of water while there.  I spent two weeks this
summer on the eastern slope of the Andes, in Ecuador, sometimes at
10,000+ feet, sometimes at 14,000 feet, and found that heavy water
intake was one of the best ways to acclimate, and stay healthy.  Went
last year for two weeks, didn't do enough water, and got a bad does of
altitude sickness.

Ken Frazier

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Nepal: gear)