Subject: [Leica] Re: Question on treking poles
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Fri Sep 17 15:46:33 2004

Alastair:

>Speaking of Holy humpin cat fish, are the trekking poles which double as
>monopods of any use at all: gitzo and leki make them, but they look a bit
>flimsy to be of any real use.

I wasn't impressed with the Leki "monopoles" I saw in the store.  If your
choice is that or nothing, it might be better than nothing.  There's no good
way to adjust the angle of the camera on top, and putting the pole straight
down isn't the best technique for using a monopod.

For my money, I got a pair of Leki "bent" poles to use as nothing more than
poles, and I carry either a tripod or a monopod separately.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Re: Question on treking poles)