Subject: [Leica] Nepal: gear
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sat Sep 18 04:50:24 2004

Thanks Henning,
I'm training hard and will be off to the Grampians again this weekend:
your idea that it may take time to recover with only 50% of the oxygen
is spot on from what I'm told. I have a carbon Gitzo at 1.8kg and I'm
determined to use it ;-) As for cameras, I will take an M, but the
scenery seems to cry out for the XPan.

Which films are lower in contrast? I usually use Kodachrome, but its
becoming a bit of a liablility with poor processing quality.

Cheers