Subject: [Leica] Range Finders in the movies
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat Sep 18 13:44:22 2004

Well, okay, ONE movie.

I went to see "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow". It has a very
nifty look, circa the late 30s. The heroine is a newspaper reporter
who carries what looks awfully like the Argus C3 that my mother used
to use, and me too, when I was growing up.

I liked the first 20 or 30 minutes of the flick. A wonderful sense of style.

The rest of the movie spiralled out of control though with no
boundaries. And I almost barfed when then talked about the start of
World War One - in 1939.

BUT - that said - what happens at the very end is, well, absolutely
perfect for every Leica range finder user and had the theatre (which
was most adults) laughing heartily.

Adam